Below is a helpful infographic about the ways that social media impacts SEO.
A couple items stand out to me including:
- Social Media helps Content Get Indexed Faster
- Tweeting cuts indexation time by 50%
- Social Media reduces the time it takes Googlebot to find your content from Hours to Seconds
- Increases Rankings for Terms in the Share
- Shares can trigger the freshness portions of Google’s algorithm, giving you temporary boosts in rankings.
- Increases Ranking for Social Connections
In my own experience I have found that social media helps my blog reach farther and faster by the social sharing of content. Particularly, I use a strategy of Facebook posts and Facebook page tabs (built with TabSite) to alert fans to new content. As well, I tweet and use Google+ and LinkedIn to share content I have created. As my communities grow in each of these areas, the odds improve that there is social interaction (Likes, Shares, comments, retweets, +1′s, etc) that all links back to my content.
Specifically related to SEO, I have seen that by sharing a new post on Google+ my content was immediately indexed and credited to me as author. (I do have the author-relation tag setup and definitely recommend it.)
The only item I wish for in this infographic is a detail of the sources. There are none listed. While I can say these hold true in my experience, data would be helpful. I pass this on because I think it has value and merit in the items listed.
Social Media and SEO – An infographic by the team at WhiteFire, an SEO Company
For more information on TabSite and creating custom tabs easily for content and promotions, click below: